Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Unavoidable absences

T-Mobile apparently has no service to the Outer Hebrides and Skye. I'm surfing the first working unlocked wireless network I've found in days to put up this post. As soon as I get back to the mainland I'll upload the backlogged photos and messages. As an update, I took the bus to Tarbert, biked from Tarbert to Lochmaddy, then took the ferry to Uig, on the Isle of Skye. This morning I biked the beautiful coastal road to Portree and grabbed a bus from there to Dunvegan. I'm now staying at Rima's animal sanctuary at Lower Maillovaig and will be here a couple of days. Rima, ironically, is in Germany for a conference and won't get here until tomorrow night. I will probably be on Skye until the afternoon of the 9th and then head to visit Ufuk and Erica in Glasgow. My ferry leaves Troon for Larne on the 12th, and I'll explore the Giant's causeway and explore Belfast while being hosted there by Killian. That's the bare bones of it -- pictures to follow ASAP.

1 comment: